Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Mediation

I tried to mediate today.

I tried to find some place in my own head for me.

So I sat down and tried to sit still for twenty minutes - that is a task in itself!

Then I tried to switch off the tap of thoughts that flow through my head.
Now that was really hard!

I started by recognising the thoughts and acknowledging them - then letting them go.  I thought the influx of new thoughts would stop.

It didn't.

The thoughts just kept coming.

And coming.

Eventually they began to slow but they never stopped.  The twenty minutes felt like a year!

Ok - so Round 1 didn't work but I will try and stick it out for a week.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I wonder if meditation is really necessary. If you can't, you can't. Why push so hard to do something if it's not feeling right? I think people like (us) who are always thinking should just express it. That should be therapeutic enough!

    ReplyDelete